Tuesday, December 4, 2007

April Showers


My girl Allison's wedding is in April and her east meets west theme is coming along nicely. I pitched an idea about oragami invitations, how cute would that be? I think it can totally be done in a way where it doesn't look like a 3rd grader's art project-gone-awry. Thick, weathered paper, beautiful graphics and fonts and delivered in an interesting oragami pattern or simple paper crane.... or something that can be folded flat to send in an envelope... we'll see about this one.




For Allison's wedding I'm building my first large-scale lighting design, see my two concepts below. I think we're going with #2, forgive the 3rd grader's art project-gone-awry, but parasols in a beautiful Japanese pattern, above, bringing in her blues and purples will look stunning like this because you will be able to see all the architectural ribbing on the inside. So excited, thought I'd share.

above is a cluster of parasols with a bulb inside to illuminate.


I think we're going to try this, above, with 8 parasols attached in a

large circle and a bulb in the middle somewhere.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know i love it, and since i am the bride, thats all that matters...I can't wait to see it in real life! Should i come sneak a peek when its done, or wait and be suprised when we arrive at the reception post-hitched???